Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Baked Ling Cod

Made this the other day. I really like this recipe. Used it on some New Zealand Ling Cod I scored for $6.99/lb at Costco (circa 2010).  Super tasty fish at a great price that reminded me a lot of Chilean Sea Bass but at a fourth of the price and (hopefully) much more sustainable. This recipe would certainly also work with other firm, thick, white fish fillets like halibut.


1 pound lingcod fillets
1 clove of garlic, minced or pressed
2 tsp. melted butter or oil
1 tsp. lemon zest
¼ cup grated Parmesano Reggiano cheese
¼ tsp. salt and pepper
½ cup chopped parsley
1 cup dried bread crumbs (preferably homemade)

lemon wedges
parsley sprigs

Mix together bread crumbs, parsley, salt, garlic, pepper, Parmesan
cheese, and lemon zest. Rinse fillets gently and pat dry. Rub lingcod fillets with butter or oil and dip each side in bread crumb mixture. Place in lightly oiled baking dish. Pile any extra topping on top of fish. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes (uncovered) and check for doneness. Garnish with parsley sprigs and lemon wedges. Serves 4.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting this -- I made this last night and it was EXCELLENT!! Even the kids loved it. I also got this at Costco on a whim and hoped I would find a good recipe (yours!) Thanks for it!

John Kennedy said...

Thanks for the comment. If you like that, try this recipe. Works with Halibut or Ling Cod.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/pan-roasted-halibut-with-prosciutto-lemon-white-wine-and-capers-recipe/index.html

Mark F said...

I tried this last night and it was great! Thank you. Unfortunately I didn't have the cheese so I used some ground mustard and it turned out very yummy! I did get it from Costco and the quality was outstanding.
Mark F in Corona CA

spuddybuddy said...

This recipe is tasty and flexible - I've used it on turbot as well.

Unknown said...

I am a Freediver and spear fisherman, not a cook. I tried this receipt on some freshly caught ling cod and cabazon. It turned out wonderful! Thank you so much for posting, I'm looking forward to cooking a lot more fish like this.